Here is the update for mid-July on the modernization of the gymnasium.
The existing basketball hoops and equipment have all been removed! Work was completed Saturday, July 6th. New equipment order has been placed. Awaiting installation date.
The existing bleachers are scheduled for a much needed deep cleaning. That will take place the week of July 8th.
The paint colors have been selected for the walls, the floor and the safety padding. The painting is being scheduled as we speak.
We have decided to keep all the wood from the old bleachers. We are very excited that a little piece (well several pieces actually) of history will be salvaged and incorporated in the design scheme.
As a reminder, the following is a running list of things we can provide status on.
- We established an internal Saint Andrew “Gym Modernization” committee in March
- We were assigned a Project Manager in late March
- The PM has been to the Saint Andrew Gym (mid April) and has been given the scope of work (replace 6 existing basketball boards with new electronic ones, relocation of east bleachers, make present bleachers motorized, installation of safety padding, sanding and refinishing the gym floor, electrical upgrades and painting of gym walls)
- An approved electrician has been to the gym (late April) to quote the electrical requirements – proposal received
- All proposals for the scope of work have been received – floor refinishing, bleachers, basketball backstops and painting of the gym walls
- Proposals have been reviewed by the Project Manager, Father Sergio and the Gym Modernization committee
- Recommendations have been made by the Project Manager
- The bid and scope of work has been reviewed by the Vicar and APPROVED!!!
- Paint colors have been chosen
- East side bleachers removed this week (6/24)
- Existing equipment demo’d July 5th and 6th
We will continue to communicate our progress via Flocknote eBulletin’s, sign up at www.flocknote.com/StAndrewChicago for more information. We are very optimistic about our progress thus far and will keep the Parish and School informed every step of the way. Thank you for your continued support!