Be a Kairos Leader for Others
The North Side Kairos has been a collaborative effort by Chicago parishes for nearly 20 years. The retreat brings together Kairos leaders from different high school programs around Chicago to provide a coed Kairos retreat for juniors and seniors in high school who attend public schools.
If you’ve been invited to this webpage, it is because you have something to offer. You can provide a huge service to others, while also deepening your own experience of the Kairos retreat.
We are looking for leaders who are willing to meet once a month from now until the North Side Kairos 20 retreat on August 9 thru 12, 2019. You’ll be challenged and strengthened by working with our dedicated team of adult mentors who will guide you through leading the retreat for others.
What you’ll get out of serving as a leader
1) Exposure to how Kairos is done at other schools/parishes.
2) Leadership development
3) Spiritual growth and deeper connection with God
4) Satisfaction of making Kairos happen for others who would not otherwise have the chance.
- Attendance at 8 of 10 meetings held between March and the date of the retreat. Meetings are TBA based on feedback from the whole team.
- Attendance at the leaders overnight retreat, TBA.
- Make a donation of your choosing to the NS Kairos scholarship fund (your fees are covered by a grant from the McLaughlin Faith Foundation.)
- Leaders will lead a small group in a co-educational environment on the retreat
- Leaders will give a witness talk prepared a head of time.
- Openness to growth and willingness to share your talents with others in Christian community.
The North Side Kairos retreat will be held at Bellarmine Retreat House in Barrington IL from Friday, August 9 to Monday, August 12, 2019.
Supervision of the retreat is collaboratively held by adults assisting from multiple parishes with oversight by Saint Andrew parish. Parents are encouraged to contact the adult leaders of the retreat with inquiries about the retreat and its supervision at any time.