The Vicar has officially APPROVED the Gym Modernization Project!!! We are thrilled and work is being scheduled with the trades and has begun this week!
The east side bleachers have been removed!!! This has been a long awaited project for a few years and will create more room on the east balcony also allowing for fewer safety concerns. The contract for painting the gym has been signed and during the week of the 4th of July, the existing basketball hoops and equipment will be demo’d and removed.
Design discussions are well underway. Not only do we want the gym to be more modern as it relates to equipment and technology, but we also want it to look fresh and updated all the while still feeling like Saint Andrew!
As a reminder, the following is a running list of things we can provide status on.
- We established an internal Saint Andrew “Gym Modernization” committee in March
- We were assigned a Project Manager in late March
- The PM has been to the Saint Andrew Gym (mid April) and has been given the scope of work (replace 6 existing basketball boards with new electronic ones, relocation of east bleachers, make present bleachers motorized, installation of safety padding, sanding and refinishing the gym floor, electrical upgrades and painting of gym walls)
- An approved electrician has been to the gym (late April) to quote the electrical requirements – proposal received
- All proposals for the scope of work have been received – floor refinishing, bleachers, basketball backstops and painting of the gym walls
- Proposals have been reviewed by the Project Manager, Father Sergio and the Gym Modernization committee
- Recommendations have been made by the Project Manager
- The bid and scope of work has been reviewed by the Vicar and APPROVED!!!
- Design discussions are underway
- East side bleachers will be removed this week (6/24)
- Contracts are being sent to each trade to schedule work
We will continue to communicate our progress via Flocknote eBulletin’s, sign up at www.flocknote.com/StAndrewChicago for more information. We are very optimistic about our progress thus far and will keep the Parish and School informed every step of the way. Thank you for your continued support!