June 3, 2019 Update:
The Gym Modernization project is making terrific progress. All bids have been submitted by the Parish and reviewed by the Project Manager at the Archdiocese. We are currently awaiting the entire project and scope of work to be signed off on by the Vicar. That is a requirement based on the overall cost exceeding $100K. Once that process is complete, we can begin awarding the projects to the company or companies that the Project Manager, Father Sergio and the Gym Modernization committee all agree to be the best timing and cost solutions. The good news is we are in agreement with who those companies are. And even better news is we are well within our budget!
As a reminder, the following is a running list of things we can provide status on:
- We established an internal Saint Andrew “Gym Modernization” committee in March
- We were assigned a Project Manager in late March
- The PM has been to the Saint Andrew Gym (mid April) and has been given the scope of work (replace 6 existing basketball boards with new electronic ones, relocation of east bleachers, make present bleachers motorized, installation of safety padding, sanding and refinishing the gym floor, electrical upgrades and painting of gym walls)
- An approved electrician has been to the gym (late April) to quote the electrical requirements – waiting on proposal
- Proposals for the scope of work have begun to trickle in – floor refinishing, bleachers, basketball backstops and painting of the gym walls
- Proposals have been reviewed by the Project Manager, Father Sergio and the Gym Modernization committee
- Recommendations have been made by the Project Manager
- The bid and scope of work is in front of the Vicar for final approval
We can expect a contract in the coming week in order to begin each phase of the entire project.
We will continue to communicate our progress via the Flocknote eBulletin (sign up at www.standrew.org/im-new for more information). We are very optimistic about our progress thus far and will keep the Parish and School informed every step of the way. Thank you for your continued support!