WOW! So much is happening in the gym! Since removing the old equipment, all the new equipment has been installed and electrified. Electrical work is complete for the hoops and all 6 hoops are up and operational.
The bleachers are being cleaned – only 2 more sets to go. They look brand new! The motors for the bleachers will be installed last once the floor is done.
Painting is well underway. The entire gym has been primed and all walls have received their first coat of paint and some a second. The baseboard and perimeter painting is done! The north and south walls look stunning!
The floor sanding, surfacing and sealing will begin on Monday, August 5th! Striping and design/logo placement are being approved.
As a reminder, the following is a running list of things we can provide status on.
- We established an internal Saint Andrew “Gym Modernization” committee in March
- We were assigned a Project Manager in late March
- The PM has been to the Saint Andrew Gym (mid April) and has been given the scope of work (replace 6 existing basketball boards with new electronic ones, relocation of east bleachers, make present bleachers motorized, installation of safety padding, sanding and refinishing the gym floor, electrical upgrades and painting of gym walls)
- An approved electrician has been to the gym (late April) to quote the electrical requirements – proposal received
- All proposals for the scope of work have been received – floor refinishing, bleachers, basketball backstops and painting of the gym walls
- Proposals have been reviewed by the Project Manager, Father Sergio and the Gym Modernization committee
- Recommendations have been made by the Project Manager
- The bid and scope of work has been reviewed by the Vicar and APPROVED!!!
- Paint colors have been chosen
- East side bleachers removed this week (6/24)
- Existing equipment demo’d July 5th and 6th
- New equipment is installed and operational
- Electrical work complete
We will continue to communicate our progress via Flocknote eBulletin’s, sign up at www.flocknote.com/StAndrewChicago for more information. We are very optimistic about our progress thus far and will keep the Parish and School informed every step of the way. Thank you for your continued support!