St. Andrew's Response to the Global Pandemic
Given the nature and spread of COVID-19 throughout the world, Saint Andrew Parish has created this page to provide you with updates about the way in which the virus is affecting the parish community’s activities and events. As we gather information and make decisions about activities, this page will be updated. Please come back to this page frequently for our most updated information.
Please consider online giving during this difficult time. We depend on consistent giving to remain financial viable, and are deeply grateful for your support. Click here for our online giving page.
This page was last updated on June 4, 2020.
- Limited reservations are available for private prayer or reconciliation on June 7. Click here for details and to make a reservation.
- Each person must have a reservation. No walk-ups are permitted.
- View Fr. Sergio’s 5/22 message about repoening here: https://standrewchicago.flocknote.com/note/7385835/video/370983706
- To reopen, the parish is required to meet the compliance guidelines set by the Archdiocese of Chicago. These requirements can be found at https://www.archchicago.org/coronavirus/reopening-training
- Safety of our parishioners and clergy is our first priority.
- At this stage of the reopening plan, NO public daily or Sunday Masses of any size are permitted by the Archdiocese.
- A Reopening Team of various parishioners has been formed to guide the reopening process. They have formed teams to implement the extensive guidelines from the Archdiocese to ensure social distancing is maintained when greeting parishioners, during movement through the church, while parishioners are seated, and at the entrances and exits. They are also implementing protocols for disinfecting the church after each and every service.
- The Reopening Team will require additional volunteers to help support the reopening efforts in the coming weeks. Please consider volunteering. Click here for more information.
- NO Masses. The Archdiocese of Chicago has instructed all parishes that there be no public Masses. While the State of Illinois is beginning to plan how to reopen religious institutions, current regulations tightly limit public Mass attendance. We are working on a plan in conjunction with the Archdiocese as to how we will be opening.
- First Holy Communion, scheduled for May 2, has been CANCELLED. Click here for details.
- All Saint Andrew Parish buildings are CLOSED to the public and will remain so for the duration of the Governor’s order. All activities and celebrations are cancelled until further notice. Baptisms, weddings, funerals, and confessions are postponed.
- Parish staff are working remotely. Please call 773-525-3016 and leave a message, or send an email to email@example.com Someone on staff will get back to you shortly.
- Prayer intentions and donations for candles to be lit in the church can be made at www.standrew.org/prayers.
- Religious Education has moved to “at-home” lessons for the remainder of the year. Look for a Flocknote to parents with further details.
- All Ministry of Care activities are suspended until further notice.
- Saint Andrew School is closed. Click here for the Saint Andrew School website.
- Your Sunday Connection for Pentecost
- Your Sunday Connection for the Feast of the Ascension, May 24, 2020
- Your Sunday Connection for the Sixth Sunday of Easter, May 17, 2020
- Your Sunday Connection: Fifth Sunday of Easter, May 10, 2020
- Your Sunday Connection for the Fourth Sunday of Easter, May 3, 2020
- Your Sunday Connection… LIVE! Registration
- Third Sunday of Easter – Readings and Video Homily
- Second Sunday of Easter – Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Your Easter Connection – Readings, Prayers, a video Reflection, and renewal of Baptismal Promises
- Blessing Easter Baskets at Home
- Your Good Friday Connection – Video Stations of the Cross and a video Reflection
- Your Holy Thursday Connection – Prayer and Reflection
- Palm Sunday Readings and Video Homily – click here for Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Fifth Sunday of Lent Readings and Video Homily – click here for Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Fourth Sunday of Lent Readings and Video Homily – click here for Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Third Sunday of Lent Readings and Video Homily – click here for Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Mass from Holy Name Cathedral, Chicago
- Sunday Mass and Prayer Resources from thesundaymass.org
- Daily Mass stream from the Archdiocese of Chicago