St. Andrew's Response to the Global Pandemic
Given the nature and spread of COVID-19 throughout the world, Saint Andrew Parish has created this page to provide you with updates about the way in which the virus is affecting the parish community’s activities and events. As we gather information and make decisions about activities, this page will be updated. Please come back to this page frequently for our most updated information.
Please consider online giving during this difficult time. We depend on consistent giving to remain financial viable, and are deeply grateful for your support. Click here for our online giving page.
This page was last updated on March 23, 2020.
- All Saint Andrew Parish buildings are CLOSED to the public and will remain so for the duration of the Governor’s order. All activities and celebrations are cancelled until further notice. Baptisms, weddings, funerals, and confessions are postponed.
- Parish staff are working remotely. Please call 773-525-3016 and leave a message, or send an email to email@example.com Someone on staff will get back to you shortly.
- Prayer intentions and donations for candles to be lit in the church can be made at www.standrew.org/prayers.
- The Archdiocese of Chicago has instructed all parishes that there be no public Masses for Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Saturday, or Easter Sunday. Saint Andrew parish staff are discussing opportunities for our families to find meaningful ways of celebrating during the Holy Week.
- First Communion, scheduled for May 2, is uncertain at this time.
- Religious Education has moved to “at-home” lessons for the remainder of the year. Look for a Flocknote to parents with further details.
- All Ministry of Care activities are suspended until further notice.
- Saint Andrew School is closed. Click here for the Saint Andrew School website.
- Fourth Sunday of Lent Readings and Video Homily – click here for Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Third Sunday of Lent Readings and Video Homily – click here for Your Sunday Connection to Saint Andrew
- Mass from Holy Name Cathedral, Chicago
- Sunday Mass and Prayer Resources from thesundaymass.org
- Daily Mass stream from the Archdiocese of Chicago