We are committed to fostering a Safe Environment to protect all God’s Children, therefore all employees, and any volunteers who minister to children or vulnerable adults are required to complete a background check, and attend the Protecting God’s Children Workshop.
Saint Andrew Parish implements all of the policies required by the Archdiocese of Chicago for maintaining a Safe Environment, including:
- All employees and volunteers working and/or ministering in our parish, school, or other programs comply with the safe environment protocols for the protection of children.
- All employees, and all volunteers who work with children, have a criminal background check completed prior to beginning service.
- All employees, and all volunteers who work with children, must complete the safe environment training program offered by the Archdiocese within 60 days of the beginning of their service.
- All employees, and all volunteers who work with children or vulnerable adults, have read and signed the Code of Conduct Acknowledgement Form.
- All employees and volunteers who work with children and vulnerable adults shall complete the Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System background check form at the time of hire and/or acceptance for a volunteer position.
- All employees and volunteers who work with children complete Mandated Reported training, and will meet the ongoing safe environment education requirements of the Archdiocese and attend programs as required by the Archdiocese.
- All employees and volunteers who work with or minister to vulnerable adults comply with the background check and Code of Conduct requirements. These ministries include, but are not limited to, nursing homes, in-home visits with the elderly, and hospital ministry.
If you have any questions about Saint Andrew Parish’s compliance with Safe Environment policies, please contact Father Sergio Romo, pastor.